Monday, November 26, 2012


This is my hybrid animal, a turtle duck, I've named him Tuck. He is a duckling with a turtle shell. He eats fish and loves to swim, which explains why he spends most of his time in the water, though he does sleep in a nest on land with his family. I used a lot of different tools for this project. I used the clone stamp mostly for the shell, I also used the mixer brush tool to blend colors together. I did a lot of shading for this project because the shell was so much darker than the fur of the duckling, so shading helped a lot. Lastly, I used the brush tools for the eraser to make the fur look like it was fluffing over the shell in order to make the shell look like it was actually on the duck. I chose to do a turtle duck because growing up I had a pet duck, and I've always loved them. I am also fascinated with turtles and I thought a duck and turtle would turn out to be a cute hybrid animal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment